Clark Land Resources is Hiring!
Clark Land Resources is accepting applications for the position of Right of Way Acquisition Agent. We intend to create an Eligibility List. The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification, for up to six (6) months.
Clark Land is a 10-year-old company, based in Southern California, that acquires, protects, and manages land rights for public and private agencies. Clark Land’s direct focus and experience is in providing real estate services including property rights research, interpretation and acquisition, valuation, relocation assistance plans, encroachment services, and project management assistance for projects involving water, transportation, housing, stormwater, sewer, gas, electric and alternative energy systems. Clark Land Resources Website. Our purpose is to: raise the ethical standards of the right of way industry through integrity and great customer service; serve and positively impact our clients and staff as well as our community, our country, and our world; train up the next generation in principled right of way practices; and give our employees a great place to work.
The Right of Way Acquisition Agent Position
The Right of Way Acquisition Agent, under general supervision, performs a wide variety of professional office and field duties in the management, acquisition, and relocation of real property interests; and performs related work as required.
Typical Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research, examine, and interpret property records and title reports to determine the extent and types of encumbrances and the status of interests in properties.
- Analyze and determine the effect of encumbrances.
- Negotiate with parties of interest to remove liens, judgments, or other encumbrances.
- Prepare necessary documents to effect title changes.
- Review appraisals of properties to determine market value and costs necessary in securing properties for our clients’ use.
- Examine engineering plans and property maps to determine the extent of property requirements for street rights-of-way and easements.
- Negotiate with property owners, in person or through correspondence, to establish terms and conditions of property conveyances.
- Recommend settlement terms and course of action to our clients.
- Investigate sites and prevailing rates in the desired location; gather sales, zoning, assessment valuation, improvements, tax, and other pertinent information for use in developing fair market value.
- Secure execution of formal lease documents; prepare an outline and lease terms for the attorney’s use.
- Coordinate the disposition of real property interests.
- Assist residential and commercial property owners and tenants in relocating under the Property Acquisition and Relocation Act of 1970.
- Maintain records and prepare a variety of reports.
Education: Equivalent to an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major work in business administration, economics, real estate, or a closely related field. Two years of additional qualifying experience may substitute for two years of education.
Experience: Three years of experience in the acquisition, real estate, title, surveying, management, and/or record-keeping of public property. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite© is required, and experience using database programs is helpful.
Highly Desired Qualifications: Exacting standards for an impeccable level of ethics. Excellent communication skills leading to win-win negotiations with clients and property owners.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications: The ideal Right of Way Acquisition Agent candidates will have a valid and active California-issued Real Estate License and/or a Right of Way Agent, Right of Way Professional certification from the International Right of Way Association.
Other Requirements: Must have reliable transportation for meeting property owners or site visits.
Salary Range: The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and can range from $35.00 to $50.00 per hour. Clark Land offers a benefits package to full-time employees.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Online Employment Application
2) Please Upload a Resumé
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, medical/physical examination, drug, and alcohol test.
Clark Land’s Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
THE PROVISION OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.